Evidence is beginning to suggest that patients develop macular degeneration decades earlier than realized. However, little is said to shed light on how optometrists should advise patients on how they can be proactive in reducing risk factors of vision loss from AMD. The question on optometrists minds are now, “Can we change the course of AMD”?
Optometrists are well positioned epigeneticists who can help patients manage this degenerative process. Please join us for a webinar presented by Dorothy Hitchmoth, OD, FAAO, ABO, and ABCMO Diplomate on January 28 at 7 p.m. CST.
You will learn:
- Review and risk factors for AMD
- Review management criterion for intermediate AMD (AREDS and other definitions)
- Review the differential diagnosis of macular degeneration
- Understand why managing those at risk or who have early AMD with AREDS 2 might be harmful
- Review dietary and nutraceutical supplement evidence for risk reduction of AMD
This webinar will provide attendees with the latest information on how to advise and manage a population at risk. A practical, chairside guide will be offered.