EyePromise® had the honor of presenting New York Mets prospect Andres Gimenez with the annual Batting Title on Saturday, October 26th, during the Arizona Fall League Championship Game. EyePromise has been a proud sponsor of Major League Baseball’s Arizona Fall League since 2013.
Earning this title helps boost the player’s professional outlook and is a good sign that the Major Leagues are right around the corner. It was a tight race for the 2019 title, as Philadelphia Phillies prospect Alec Bohm was only .010 behind Gimenez’s .371 average. Gimenez, 21, was named an AFL Rising Star alongside winning the Arizona Fall League’s batting title. He joins the list of previous winners, which includes Gleyber Torres of the New York Yankees.
Past Arizona Fall League Batting Champions:
- 2018: Tyler Nevin, Salt River Rafters – .426 avg.
- 2017: Eric Filia, Peoria Javelinas – .408 avg.
- 2016: Gleyber Torres, Scottsdale Scorpions – .403 avg.
- 2015: Adam Engel, Glendale Desert Dogs – .403 avg.
- 2014: Jesse Winker, Surprise Saguaros – .338 avg.
- 2013: C.J. Cron, Mesa Solar Sox – .413 avg.