EyePromise Vizual Edge Chewable
EyePromise Vizual Edge Chewable is a once-daily, orange-citrus flavored chewable formula designed for patients who can’t swallow pills or softgels. EyePromise Vizual Edge Chewable replicates the natural 2:1 ratio of Zeaxanthin to Lutein found in a healthy fovea to help rebuild macular pigment to preserve and enhance central vision, and fight against Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD)*. Available in one and three month supply bottles!
•Once-daily, orange citrus flavored chewable tablet that digests easily
•Highest level of dietary Zeaxanthin available
•Macular health formula designed to be taken with a multi-vitamin
•The only brand guaranteed to increase Macular Pigment Optical Density (MPOD)
|*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease|
Other Ingredients: Xylitol, stearic acid, hydroxypropyl cellulose, natural flavors, citric acid, magnesium stearate, silica and stevia leaf extract.
Supplement Fact Panel shown is for the 3-month supply. The 1-month supply contains 30 servings per container.
- Zeaxanthin (20 mg) – A superior photo-protectant and antioxidant due to its chemical structure.* Primarily found in the central part of the macula, low levels are associated with poor ocular health. The most critical component of nature’s “internal sunglasses”.
- Lutein (10 mg) – Primarily found in the peripheral part of the macula, an important photo-protectant that helps ﬁlter damaging blue light as it enters the eye.* The second component of nature’s “internal sunglasses”.
- Vitamin D3 (4,000 IU) – Vitamin D3 maintains adequate levels of Vitamin D in the body-beneficial for immune health and supports joint and muscle health; and more*
- Vitamin C (240 mg) – A major antioxidant nutrient – helps with blood vessels, aids in iron absorption, and is required for the synthesis of collagen, the intercellular “cement” which holds tissues together. * A nutrient most supportive of the healing process and the immune system.*
- Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate 1,000 IU) – Fat soluble vitamin (absorbed by the body with the help of fats) for corneal surface health; mucosal, conjunctival, meibomiam and lacrimal gland health; major importance in the mucous layer of tear production.*
- Vitamin E (60 IU) – Deficiency can cause severe pathology; body’s most powerful lipid (fat) soluble antioxidant, shown to preserve eye health.*
- Zinc (15 mg) – Very important for human metabolism – more than 100 speciﬁc enzymes require zinc for their catalytic function.* Recommended upper tolerable level of zinc is 40 mg per day (per the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine).
NSF Certified for Sport®
The EyePromise Vizual Edge product line is the first and only line of eye vitamins to earn the prestigious NSF Certified for Sport® designation, ensuring that all EyePromise Vizual Edge Chewable, EyePromise Vizual Edge Pro, and EyePromise Vizual Edge products are free of more than 180 banned substances. The National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) is the only third-party public safety company recognized by most professional sports organizations.
The NSF Certified for Sport® mark ensures that the supplement is free of athletic banned substances and contaminants of concern. The certification process requires:
- Toxicological and label review to verify product formulation
- Product testing to verify and quantify dietary ingredients declared on product label
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) audits
- Contaminant screening, which involves testing to ensure there are no ingredients present that have not been declared on the label nor are there unsafe levels of contaminants
- Banned substance screening to certify the product is free of prohibited substances on World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA) list, NFL, MLB and NCAA prohibited substances lists. This includes screening for over 160 athletic banned substances.
The NSF certification process also requires ongoing monitoring and testing to ensure the product(s) certified by NSF International continue to comply with these requirements. The NSF Certified for Sport program is recognized by major sports organizations that include:
- The National Football League (NFL)
- Major League Baseball (MLB)
- National Hockey League (NHL)
- Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES)
- The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) and the PGA
- The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)
EyePromise vizual EDGE PRO
EyePromise vizual EDGE Presented by Terry Bradshaw
Sports Dietitian Dave Ellis on the Future of Eye Health in Sports Nutrition
The EyePromise visual performance product line is backed by over 20 years of research!
A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Study On The Effects Of Lutein And Zeaxanthin On Visual Processing Speed In Young Healthy Subjects.
Supplementing with higher levels of dietary Zeaxanthin daily, improves temporal contrast sensitivity function (visual processing speed) and Macular Pigment Density versus a placebo in young, healthy subjects.
A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study On The Effects Of Lutein And Zeaxanthin On Neural Processing Speed And Efficiency.
Increasing macular pigment density through supplementation with higher levels of dietary Zeaxanthin daily resulted in significant improvements in visual processing speed, even when testing young, healthy individuals who tend to be at peak efficiency.
A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study On The Effects Of Lutein And Zeaxanthin On Photostress Recovery, Glare Disability, And Chromatic Contrast.
Daily supplementation with Zeaxanthin and Lutein resulted in significant increase in serum levels and MPOD and improvements in chromatic contrast and recovery from photostress in young, healthy adults. These results are consistent with past studies showing that increasing MPOD leads to improved visual performance.
Macular Pigment And Visual Performance In Glare: Benefits For Photostress Recovery, Disability Glare, And Visual Discomfort.
Higher macular pigment levels, which can be achieved with dietary Zeaxanthin supplementation, correlate with improved photostress recovery time, reduced glare disability, and less visual discomfort.
The Influence Of Dietary Lutein And Zeaxanthin On Visual Performance.
High daily intake of dietary Zeaxanthin and Lutein increases macular pigment levels. Macular pigment acts as a filter of blue light, reducing the visual discomfort associated with indoor and outdoor lights.
The Effects Of Macular Carotenoid Zeaxanthin On Visual Performance And Neural Efficiency In Young, Healthy Subjects And College Athletes.
Supplementing with 20 mg of dietary Zeaxanthin daily increases macular pigment optical density. Denser macular pigment is directly related to improved vision, contrast sensitivity, reduced glare disability, increases in temporal processing (processing of fast moving objects), and improvement in fixed and variable reaction times.
For more detail on these studies, please download our complete science summary