Protect Against AMD
Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) destroys central vision and is the leading cause of severe vision loss in adults over age 55, affecting millions of Americans each year. While there is currently no cure for AMD and its effects are irreversible, there are risks that can be mitigated in fighting the disease.
KEY RISK FACTORS
AMD Risk Factors Include:
|Non-modifiable risk factors:
||Modifiable risk factors:
Due to the aging Baby Boomer population, it is estimated that the number of people with AMD is expected to double by 2020. Therefore, patient education is a critical step towards fighting vision loss and preserving healthy vision.
The risk factors above help differentiate those deemed to be at-risk of developing AMD. These risk factors are also highlighted in our risk assessment form, which can be used during the patient check-in process to help determine those that may require macular pigment testing.
The Next Generation in Macular Pigment Measurement
The QuantifEye® MPS II macular pigment screener is the most reliable and accurate device for measuring Macular Pigment Optical Density (MPOD), a key risk factor for AMD as well as other visual performance challenges.
MPOD can be modified through supplementation using EyePromise nutraceuticals containing the highest available levels of dietary zeaxanthin – an important antioxidant and protective pigment for the eye scientifically proven to increase low MPOD levels – guaranteed!
MPOD and AMD
Did you know that 78 percent of the U.S. population has less than optical macular pigment? Significant increases in macular pigment can be achieved through nutritional intake and supplements containing zeaxanthin and lutein. Macular pigment is comprised of zeaxanthin and lutein, which are found in the center of the macula (fovea) at a natural 2:1 ratio. MPOD is important for three specific reasons:
- Low macular pigment is a key risk factor for AMD, the leading cause of significant vision loss over age 55
- Macular pigment absorbs harmful blue light, protecting the photo-receptors from damage
- Macular pigment improves visual performance, including:
- Visual acuity
- Contrast sensitivity
- Light sensitivity
- Glare recovery
GUARANTEED TO INCREASE MPOD
EyePromise is also the only brand Guaranteed to Increase MPOD! Simply prescribe two EyePromise zeaxanthin-based softgels per day to your patients, re-measure their MPOD in six months, and we guarantee an MPOD increase or their money back!
Our macular pigment formulas include:
- EyePromise Restore – flagship formula replicating the natural 2:1 ratio of zeaxanthin to lutein in a healthy fovea, along with other essential vitamins and nutrients.
- EyePromise AREDS 2 Plus – contain the ingredients studied in the AREDS 2 clinical trial – PLUS additional protective nutrients including zeaxanthin, Vitamin D3, and Omega-3s demonstrated to support healthy vision. Available in a zinc-free formulation and with a multi-vitamin.
- EyePromise Zeaxanthin+ Lutein – designed to increase MPOD and protect the photo-receptors; designed for vegans, contains no animal by-products or fish oil.
- EyePromise Zeaxanthin– Zeaxanthin-only formula designed to increase MPOD and protect the photo-receptors; designed for vegans, contains no animal by-products or fish oil.